Lydia Poore was the daughter of John/1 Poore and Sarah (Unknown).2 Lydia Poore married Penuel Titcomb, son of William Titcomb and Joanna Bartlett, on 8 January 1684 in Newbury, Massachusetts.1,3
Children of Lydia Poore and Penuel Titcomb
M, b. 24 May 1741
- [S308] Alfred Poor, Genealogy of John Poore, p. 13.
M, b. 5 September 1765
- [S308] Alfred Poor, Genealogy of John Poore, p. 14.
F, d. 17 April 1744
Sarah Poore married John Batchelder on 10 November 1696.2 Sarah Poore died on 17 April 1744 in Reading.1
F, b. 12 April 1761, d. 22 March 1843
Sarah Poore was born on 12 April 1761.1 She was the daughter of Jonathan Poore and Sarah Dole.1 Sarah Poore married John Butler.1 Sarah Poore died on 22 March 1843 at the age of 81.
M, b. 24 May 1744, d. 1825
Stephen Poore was born on 24 May 1744.2 He was the son of John/3 Poore and Ann Longfellow.1 Stephen Poore married Hannah Dole in 1771.1 Stephen Poore died in 1825.1
F, b. 1782, d. 1872
Tabitha Poore was born in 1782.1 She was the daughter of Stephen Poore and Hannah Dole.1 Tabitha Poore married John Woodbury in 1808.1 Tabitha Poore died in 1872.1
- [S189] Frederick A. Virkus, Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy, Vol.6 p. 491.
- [S232] Ancestry.com Database, New Hampshire, Death and Burial Records Index, 1654-1949.
Mary Pope married Capt. John Williams on 19 August 1732.
- [S180] Bible Records, NEHGS Bible Records, Gen 1 W 209: Capt. John Williams Bible.
Sibylle de Porcien1
Sibylle de Porcien was the daughter of Roger Comte de Château-Porcien and Ermengarde (Unknown).1 Sibylle de Porcien married firstly Godefroi Comte de Namur, son of Albert III Comte de Namur and Ida von Sachsen, probably in 1087.1 Sibylle de Porcien was divorced in 1104 on the grounds of her adultery with Enguerand de Boves Sire de Coucy which resulted in her fleeing her husband before giving birth to an illegitimate child.1
- [S406] Charles Cawley, Medieval Lands, Namur (as at October 2007).
M, b. 9 July 1714
Aaron Porter was born on 9 July 1714.1 He died young.1 He was the son of Rev. Aaron Porter and Susannah Sewall.1
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1081.
Rev. Aaron Porter1
M, b. 19 July 1689, d. 24 January 1721/22
Minister of the Congregational Church at Medford, Massachusetts. Rev. Aaron Porter was born on 19 July 1689 in Hadley, Massachusetts.2,3 He was the son of Samuel Porter and Joanna Cook.2 Rev. Aaron Porter graduated in 1708 from Harvard.2 He was ordained on 11 February 1713 at Medford as pastor of the Congregational Church.3 He married Susannah Sewall, daughter of Major Stephen Sewall and Margaret Mitchell, on 22 October 1713 in Salem, Massachusetts.2,4 Rev. Aaron Porter died on 24 January 1721/22 in Medford, Massachusetts, at the age of 32.5,3
Children of Rev. Aaron Porter and Susannah Sewall
- [S5] William Darcy McKeough, McKeough Family Tree.
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1080.
- [S75] Frederick Lewis Weis, Colonial Clergy, p. 167.
- [S89] Website Family Search (https://familysearch.org) "FHL Number 761209+."
- [S25] Samuel Sewall, Diary of Samuel Sewall (1973 ed.), p. 1081.
Bolton Smith Porter1
M, b. 30 August 1820
Bolton Smith Porter was born on 30 August 1820.1 He was the son of Lieut. John Porter U.S.N. and Eliza Chauncy Clarke.1 Bolton Smith Porter was christened on 4 November 1820 at Portsmouth, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.1
Caroline Elizabeth Porter1
F, b. 20 November 1826
Caroline Elizabeth Porter was born on 20 November 1826 in Machias, Maine.1 She was the daughter of Rufus King Porter and Emma Elizabeth Cooper.1
Charles Wendell Porter1
M, b. 1 May 1823
Charles Wendell Porter was born on 1 May 1823 in Machias, Maine.1 He was the son of Rufus King Porter and Emma Elizabeth Cooper.1 Charles Wendell Porter graduated in 1843 from Bowdoin.1 He married Susan Ellen Lockwood on 1 September 1864.1
David St. Leon Porter1
M, b. 9 August 1824
David St. Leon Porter was born on 9 August 1824.1 He was the son of Lieut. John Porter U.S.N. and Eliza Chauncy Clarke.1 David St. Leon Porter was christened on 21 January 1825 at Portsmouth, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.1
- [S232] Ancestry.com Database, Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1857-1924. York 1923.
F, b. 22 September 1818, d. 19 September 1865
Elizabeth Kimball Porter. Teacher.2 She was born on 22 September 1818 in Vienna, Maine.2 She was the daughter of John Porter and Mary Robins.2 Elizabeth Kimball Porter married Sewall Eaton, son of Isaac Eaton and Almira Sewall, on 15 June 1845.1,2 Elizabeth Kimball Porter died on 19 September 1865 at the age of 46.3
Children of Elizabeth Kimball Porter and Sewall Eaton
Elizabeth Savage Porter1
Elizabeth Savage Porter married Dr. Charles Wendell Cooper, son of James Sullivan Cooper and Abigail Ingersoll Girdler, on 8 September 1881 in New York.1
- [S83] NEHGR, Vol. 44 p. 61.
Emma Jane Porter1
F, b. 4 September 1821, d. 19 July 1866
Emma Jane Porter was born on 4 September 1821 in Machias, Maine.1 She was the daughter of Rufus King Porter and Emma Elizabeth Cooper.1 Emma Jane Porter died on 19 July 1866 in Chicago, Illinois, at the age of 44 unmarried.1
Ernestine Lane Porter1
Ernestine Lane Porter married Warren Manley, son of James Sewall Manley and Nellie Sellick, on 1 June 1910 in San Francisco, California.1
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, The Sewall genealogy, p. 64.
Fitz John Porter1
M, b. 31 August 1822
Fitz John Porter was born on 31 August 1822.1 He was the son of Lieut. John Porter U.S.N. and Eliza Chauncy Clarke.1 Fitz John Porter was christened on 21 January 1825 at Portsmouth, Rockingham County, New Hampshire.1
- [S82] John Bernard Burke, Colonial Gentry, p. 480.
Harold Rideout Porter1
M, b. 1896
Harold Rideout Porter was born in 1896.2 He was the son of Edward Porter and Louise Abijail Rideout.1 Harold Rideout Porter married Constance Stanhope Troop, daughter of Jared Grassie Carter Troop and Minnie Plenderleath Temple, on 27 January 1923 in Toronto.1
F, b. 4 November 1720, d. 26 July 1777
Jane Porter was born on 4 November 1720.1 She was the daughter of Rev. Aaron Porter and Susannah Sewall.1 Jane Porter married Rev. John Sparhawk, son of Rev. John Sparhawk and Priscilla Hemans, on 4 October 1737 at Major Sewall's house, Boston, she was described in The Boston Gazette as being a young gentlewoman of great beauty and merit.2,3 Jane Porter died on 26 July 1777 at the age of 56.2
Children of Jane Porter and Rev. John Sparhawk
- Priscilla Sparhawk+4 b. 31 Aug 1738, d. 19 Mar 1798
- Jane Sparhawk2 b. 16 Apr 1740, d. 25 Jan 1741
- Catherine Sparhawk+2 b. 25 May 1741, d. 1778
- John Sparhawk+2 b. 16 Feb 1743, d. 22 Sep 1787
- Samuel Sparhawk2 b. 6 Nov 1744
- Nathaniel Sparhawk2 b. 27 Mar 1746, d. 1767
- Jane Sparhawk+2 b. 29 Sep 1748
- Aaron Sparhawk2 b. 2 Sep 1749, d. 19 Oct 1749
- Susannah Sparhawk2 b. 19 Sep 1750
- Margaret Sparhawk2 b. 20 Oct 1752
- Benjamin Sparhawk2 b. 21 Jun 1754, d. 22 Jul 1754
- (unknown) Sparhawk2 b. 21 Jun 1754, d. 21 Jun 1754
- Mehitable Sparhawk2 b. 20 May 1755, d. 26 Jul 1757
F, b. 21 March 1719
Joannah Porter was born on 21 March 1719 in Medford, Massachusetts.1,2 She was the daughter of Rev. Aaron Porter and Susannah Sewall.1 Joannah Porter married Josiah Cleveland on 15 January 1734/35 in Medford, Massachusetts.3,2
John Porter married Mary Robins.
- [S153] Charles Nelson Sinnett, The Sewall genealogy, p. 28.
- [S235] Henry St. George, The Visitation of London 1633-35, p. 235.
John Cooper Porter1
M, b. 6 February 1825
John Cooper Porter was born on 6 February 1825 in Machias, Maine.1 He was the son of Rufus King Porter and Emma Elizabeth Cooper.1
Lieut. John Porter U.S.N.1
Lieut. John Porter U.S.N. married Eliza Chauncy Clarke, daughter of Jeremiah Clarke and Elizabeth Hirst Chauncy.1